100 gram sugar
100gm all-purpose flour , sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp sugar (to dust)
Dried Rose petals
For cream filling
Whipping powder 50gms
100 ml cold water
Preheat the oven at 180C .
- 1. Grease a rectangular cake pan with butter and line it with a baking paper.
- 2. Brush the baking paper with butter.
- 3. Separate egg yolks from the white.
- 4. Beat the egg whites till it is very firm and tripled in volume.
- 5. Add the sugar part by part and continue to beat untill the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 6. Add the egg yolks and continue beating slowly, and gradually increase the speed.
- 7. Add vanilla and mix well.
- 8. Add the flour little at a time and gently mix from the bottom to the top in circular
movements untill it is completely blended.
- 9. pour the cake batter in the center of prepared pan and use a spatula to gently roll
the batter to all corners of the pan so that it is covered evenly.(height of about half a cm or a cm)
- 10. Bake at 180Cfor 12-15 minutes in preheated oven, or until the top is light golden brown.
- 11. Spread a cloth over a flat surface and sprinkle little sugar evenly on it.
- 12. Remove the baked cake from the oven and slowly place the cake onto the prepared cloth upside down.
- 13. Peel away the baking paper very gently.
- 14. When the cake is still hot roll up the cake with the help of the cloth.
Cool for 20-30 minutes at room temperature,
- To make the cream filling:
- Chill the mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the refrigerator for 30 min before whipping the whipping powder.
- 1. In the chilled bowl add the powder with 100ml cold water and whip till it forms peak and tripled in volume
- 2. Unroll the cake and spread the cream inside it and roll it up gently.
- 3. Spread the cream on top of the cake and sprinkle crushed pista and dried rose petals.
Delicious persian rollet is ready.